THIS IS A DIGITAL FILE PURCHASE. Please read the section "About Digital Files:" carefully. Digital files are non-refundable.
About Digital Files:
- You will need a viewer to view the file. A link containing download instructions for your viewer, based on the platform you have, will be emailed to you within 12-24 hours after you have completed your purchase.
- You will need a license to access the file. A link containing your license will be emailed to you within 12-24 hours after you have completed your purchase. Please activate your license after you have installed your viewer. Please note that you should be expecting your license email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each file is Digital Rights Managed (DRM) for copyright protection.
- You will not be able to print the files.
- You will not be able to take screenshots, change or copy texts.
- You will be able to install the file on 2 devices. Your IP address on your device will be linked to the file(s). This means that you may choose up to 2 devices of your choosing to view the files.
- The files(s) are viewable on:
- Windows, and
- Mac devices.
This set of materials rounds out your literature based program. This multi-purpose set can be used for independent work or guided reading activities. It will enhance your cultural curriculum and expose children to higher level reading analysis skills.
This set of materials and cards, are designed to give your students the necessary exposure and build the skills they will need in order to better utilize the resources they will be given in the Montessori middle school for literature analysis.
Included are the following lessons:
- 1st lesson- Introduction to Tall Tales: Figurative Language
- 2nd lesson- American Tall Tales and Making Inferences
- 3rd lesson- The Language of Mythology
- 4th lesson- Comparing Tall Tales and Poetry
- 5th lesson- Fable, Myth, Tall Tale: Messages and Themes
- 6th lesson- Tall Tales and the Movies
- 1st lesson- Introduction to Legends
- 2nd lesson- Themes of Legends and Tall Tales
- 3rd lesson- Which Story is Which?: Summarizing and Paraphrasing Part 1
- 4th lesson- Which Story is Which?: Summarizing and Paraphrasing Part 2
- 5th lesson- How Stories Fit Together: Paragraphs, Chapters, Scenes, & Stanzas
- 1st lesson- how a plot unfolds- examining a heroes actions and reactions
- 2nd lesson- developing point of view in a story- myth
- 3rd lesson- fables and figurative language- intro to personification
- 4th lesson- connotation and denotation in a story
A set of three different level task cards are provided that place an emphasis on reading comprehension while incorporating writing skills.
The set includes:
- Teacher's Edition
- Task Card Questions Level 4 (15)
- Task Card Questions Level 5 (15)
- Task Card Questions Level 6 (15)