THIS IS A DIGITAL FILE PURCHASE. Please read the section "About Digital Files:" carefully. Digital files are non-refundable.
About Digital Files:
- You will need a viewer to view the file. A link containing download instructions for your viewer, based on the platform you have, will be emailed to you within 12-24 hours after you have completed your purchase.
- You will need a license to access the file. A link containing your license will be emailed to you within 12-24 hours after you have completed your purchase. Please activate your license after you have installed your viewer. Please note that you should be expecting your license email from ETC Montessori Digital Licensing.
- Each file is Digital Rights Managed (DRM) for copyright protection.
- You will not be able to print the files.
- You will not be able to take screenshots, change or copy texts.
- You will be able to install the file on 2 devices. Your IP address on your device will be linked to the file(s). This means that you may choose up to 2 devices of your choosing to view the files.
- The files(s) are viewable on:
- Windows, and
- Mac devices.
Continuing from where level 6-9 ends, this set of Montessori curriculum may be used in conjunction with Introduction to Graphs level 6-9 cards or as a standalone module.
Higher level math skills involving predictions and beginning algebra are all represented graphically. Students are guided to view mathematics as a whole, giving them the ability to understand that mathematics is not a set of arbitrary skills and procedures. Graphing skills are presented in ways that become relevant to students everyday lives. Incorporating situations from science, commerce, politics, social studies, transportation, sports and medicine, students learn to analyze data and represent it in a variety of ways.
Introduces students to the use of graphing calculators and the internet as a data resource.
Set includes task cards, and activities that allow them to understand and use or apply the following graphical ideas:
- Bar Graphs
- Coordinate Graphs
- Line Graphs, Mean, Mode, Median
- Histograms and the derivation of a frequency polygon
- Box Plots
- Scatter Plots
- Stem and Leaf Plots
- Strike the imagination graph
- Matching a story to a graph
Take a look at our Upper Elementary Math Flow Chart to see how this work fits in with the traditional Montessori math curriculum.