This material was developed based on the science of reading, phonemic awareness which includes the principles of:
- Segmenting sentences into words,
- Compound words into separate words
- Words into syllables
- Syllables into isolated phonemes
- Introduction of letters and their sounds
This work is used for reinforcement as a shelf activity after the introduction of sandpaper letters.
Children can associate the initial sounds used in the I Spy activities with the provided movable alphabet letter.
Children are asked to name the picture found in the first box, identify, and match the outline of the initial sound found in the second box, followed by placing the movable alphabet letter that corresponds with the initial sound into the third box.
The set includes:
- 26 strips of cards that are printed on thick plastic with all the corners rounded.
- 2 sets of print movable alphabet letters with consonants in red and vowels in blue. The movable alphabets are laser cut from premium 1/8" colored acrylic.