THIS IS A DIGITAL FILE PURCHASE. Please read the section "About Digital Files:" carefully. Digital files are non-refundable.
About Digital Files:
- You will need a viewer to view the file. A link containing download instructions for your viewer, based on the platform you have, will be emailed to you within 12-24 hours after you have completed your purchase.
- You will need a license to access the file. A link containing your license will be emailed to you within 12-24 hours after you have completed your purchase. Please activate your license after you have installed your viewer. Please note that you should be expecting your license email from ETC Montessori Digital Licensing.
- Each file is Digital Rights Managed (DRM) for copyright protection.
- You will not be able to print the files.
- You will not be able to take screenshots, change or copy texts.
- Your ability to share your screen will be limited.
- You will be able to install the file on 2 devices. Your IP address on your device will be linked to the file(s). This means that you may choose up to 2 devices of your choosing to view the files.
- The files(s) are viewable on:
The study of plant physiology includes the internal functions of plants. The material in this set of curriculum is a broad introduction to what Maria Montessori believed children should know regarding the way plants work.
Through the use of 18 impressionistic charts, children are led to understand how plants function and how they are connected to all other living organisms on this planet.
The concepts that many children have mastered through the presentation of the Timeline of Life, and botany nomenclature will be further reinforced through the discovery that all living things are governed by the same rules as the rest of the universe. Every organism is not only striving to survive and adapt to its environment but also is constantly attempting to better the environment for future generations. Our individual existence as human beings is ultimately connected to the seemingly inconsequential task of plants converting sunlight into food.
This set of materials includes:
- All 18 impressionistic charts (8.5" x 11") For large charts (13" x 19" see option below)
- Teacher's notes for presentation of each chart
- Experiments on plant physiology
- Experiment write-ups
- Answer Key
Take a look at our Science Flow Chart for Upper Elementary to see how this work fits in with the traditional Montessori curriculum