- No Lamination Required.
- Printed on Premium Thick Plastic, Cut and all corners rounded.
- This material is ready to start using. No other prep work is needed.
Music is such a natural event, that it almost happens instinctively. It is a direct response to the environment in which we humans live in. Music is used to communicate and express our most inner and intimate emotions. It is a language so powerful that it can cause people to cry, laugh, dance, move, sing, and hug. If you don't believe us, try watching a movie without sound and see how it affects your emotions.
In this set of materials, teaching rhythm in music has been broken down as though you were teaching the alphabet. Symbols of music are introduced with hands on activities, movable pieces, allowing for a free flow of ideas and exploration before they can even write. Using these materials, the children will be able to read, write, and play notes and rhythms with the same ease as they do when using language.
These primary lessons may be used for individual children or small groups. They introduce activities for:
- Steady beat in 4/4 time
- Loud and soft
- Following rhythmic patterns
- Creating rhythmic patterns in 1 measure or multiple measures
The set includes the following:
- Musical note nomenclature (3-part cards)
- Note stems
- Pattern cards for loud and soft
- Pattern cards for syllable matching
- Rhythm boards
- Teacher's Notes with lessons on presenting and giving the lessons
Although the materials are intended to be used in Early childhood to introduce them to primary concepts, if a child does not have the foundations, then you are able to use in elementary I as well.