Geared towards advanced upper elementary and middle school students, this book contains 12 famous speeches:
- Abraham Lincoln (Gettysburg Address)
- Martin Luther King (I Have a Dream)
- Theodore Roosevelt (Duties of American Citizenship)
- Winston Churchill (Blood, Toil, Tears and Sweat)
- Abba Eban (On Yom Kippur War)
- Princess Dianna (Does the Community Care?)
- Susan B. Anthony (On Women’s Right to Vote)
- Mahatma Gandhi (On Quitting India)
- Golda Meir (Attainment of Peace)
- John F. Kennedy (On Space Efforts)
- Eleanor Roosevelt (The Struggle for Human Rights)
- Chief Seattle (Chief Seattle’s 1854 Oration)
Each speech is presented and is accompanied by questions that help students analyze the content as well as the message. This is an excellent material when used in a group setting providing ample opportunity for group and Socratic discussion.
Note: Due to copyright laws each speech has been obtained from the original transcriptions. No edits have been performed and no efforts have been made to change any grammatical or orthographic elements.
Now available as an e-book for Apple iPhone, iPad, and Mac devices, as well as all your Android products through the Google Play Book Store.