- No Lamination Required.
- Printed on Premium Thick Plastic and Cut.
- This material is ready to start using. No other prep work is needed.
Intended for children in Montessori level 6-9, this set of materials includes 8 sets of matching cards to lead the children from formation of ancient Mayan numerals, units through thousands.
- Teacher notes and answers
- Names of numerals
- Formation of numerals
- Greater than; less than overview
- Addition of numerals
- Subtraction of numerals
Designed to allow for flexibility in thinking and reasoning of mathematical concepts in base 20, as well as reinforce the concepts introduced in the history of numeration. Allows the teacher to lay the foundation for children to work in other bases, while providing the skills necessary to perform and function in other higher level math concepts.
Look at our Upper Elementary Math Flow Chart to see how this work fits in with the traditional Montessori math curriculum.
The following resource(s) are highly recommended:
- Gods of Ancient Civilizations: Mayan
- Timeline of Ancient Civilizations - Display or
- Timeline of Ancient Civilizations - Working.
View the Standards that are met through this material
1 set of Plastic Sleeve Holders (will utilize 7 sleeves),