This material was developed based on the science of reading, phonemic awareness which includes the principles of:
- Segmenting sentences into words,
- Compound words into separate words
- Words into syllables
- Syllables into isolated phonemes
- Introduction of letters and their sounds
This shelf activity with the alphabet letters included gives children practice in identifying initial and ending sounds of C/V/C words in the pink reading series.
The set includes:
- 18 strips of cards that are printed on thick plastic with all the corners rounded.
- Red consonant alphabet letters in red for the initial and ending sounds. The letters are laser cut from premium 1/8" colored acrylic.