THIS IS A DIGITAL FILE PURCHASE. Please read the section "About Digital Files:" carefully. Digital files are non-refundable.
About Digital Files:
- You will need a viewer to view the file. A link containing download instructions for your viewer, based on the platform you have, will be emailed to you within 12-24 hours after you have completed your purchase.
- You will need a license to access the file. A link containing your license will be emailed to you within 12-24 hours after you have completed your purchase. Please activate your license after you have installed your viewer. Please note that you should be expecting your license email from ETC Montessori Digital Licensing.
- Each file is Digital Rights Managed (DRM) for copyright protection.
- You will not be able to print the files.
- You will not be able to take screenshots, change or copy texts.
- You will be able to install the file on 2 devices. Your IP address on your device will be linked to the file(s). This means that you may choose up to 2 devices of your choosing to view the files.
- The files(s) are viewable on:
- Windows, and
- Mac devices.
Discover the human journey. This is a complete set of materials that will bring together and unify the concepts necessary to present Montessori's 3rd Great Lesson.
ETC Montessori partnered and secured the rights to these reconstructions of early hominins by renowned artist and anthropologist John Gurche. Mr. Gurch is known for his work with dinosaurs and early humans. Gurche has worked on the movie Jurassic Park, designed stamps for the US Postal Service, and recently crafted the sculptures for the Smithsonian Museum’s Hall of Human Origins. In Shaping Humanity, Gurche delves into the data, research, creativity, and emotion employed in the creation of his work. Gurche works from his studio in Trumansburg, New York, where he is also artist-in-residence at the Museum of the Earth in Ithaca. Read more about Mr. Gurche.
Finally for the first time children can experience the reality of the concepts.
The package includes:
- A teacher's manual with lessons/presentations.
- 10 individual cards that on one side depict clear pictures of each hominid reconstruction, while on the second side it provides essential and basic information that relate to their existence, discovery, life, and time span, environment, and dentition.
- 10 booklets measuring 5.5"x8.5" with full information about each reconstructed hominid, their existence, and expanded research questions based on the concepts presented.
- 10 panels measuring 8.5"x11", that depict the full picture of each reconstructed hominid on one side, while the back side depicts the location(s) that bones and artifacts have been discovered. These panels are used in conjunction with the booklets, and provide a direct connection to the Human Migration Chart.
- Two wall charts measuring 8.5"x11", that tie the concept of human migration and variation.
- Cards measuring 8.5"x5.5", depicting the Human Migration Pattern Charts on one side, while on the back side children are given carefully curated exploratory questions so that they may formulate connections between the Montessori Human Migration Pattern charts and the real world.
The following reconstructions of hominids are presented in detail:
- Ardipithecus ramidus
- Australopithecus afarensis
- Australopithecus africanus
- Australopithecus robustus
- Homo erectus
- Homo habilis
- Homo naledi
- Homo heidelbergensis
- Homo neanderthalensis
- Homo sapiens