This material was developed based on the science of reading, phonemic awareness which includes the principles of:
- Segmenting sentences into words,
- Compound words into separate words
- Words into syllables
- Syllables into isolated phonemes
- Introduction of letters and their sounds
This shelf activity with the provided movable alphabet letters allows children to work on substitution of alternating initial and ending sounds with a different phoneme to create a new word. This set works with C/V/C words for the pink reading series. Includes all five vowel sounds.
The set includes:
- 30 Puzzle cards that are printed on extra thick puzzle substrate with individual cuts to differentiate and make each combination unique. The middle plastic layer of this paper has a pearl color allowing you to differentiate it from the cards in kit A.
- Red consonant alphabet letters in red for the initial and ending sounds. The letters are laser cut from premium 1/8" colored acrylic and are designed to match exactly the font used on the cards.