- No Lamination Required.
- Printed on Premium Thick Plastic and Cut.
- This material is ready to start using. No other prep work is needed.
"The Coming of Language".
No one knows when humans began to speak, or how we developed the many complex systems of vocabulary and syntax that are spread around the world to this day.
What we can trace back to its origins, though, is the history of communication in signs, or written language. Montessori's 4th Great Lesson starts with the oral tradition, and then takes us through the development of pictographs, symbols, and alphabets as they developed over the centuries.
Even today, the way we communicate continues to change and evolve. We continue the story with every new generation!
Each item is designed to provide multidisciplinary curricular connectivity. Use them to create connections, and extensions.
Included in this package:
- Creation Stories from Around the World (ELC-5077W)
- Timeline of Language (TL-025) display model
- History of Language Nomenclature (ELC-5086)
- Sentence Analysis Level 6-9 (ELC-6059)
- Developing Writing Through Grammar (ELC-6004)
- Verb Conjugation Level 6-9 (ELC-6062)
To view the standards that are met through each of these elements please follow the link to the item description of each item listed above.