THIS IS A DIGITAL FILE PURCHASE. Please read the section "About Digital Files:" carefully. Digital files are non-refundable.
About Digital Files:
- You will need a viewer to view the file. A link containing download instructions for your viewer, based on the platform you have, will be emailed to you within 12-24 hours after you have completed your purchase.
- You will need a license to access the file. A link containing your license will be emailed to you within 12-24 hours after you have completed your purchase. Please activate your license after you have installed your viewer. Please note that you should be expecting your license email from ETC Montessori Digital Licensing.
- Each file is Digital Rights Managed (DRM) for copyright protection.
- You will not be able to print the files.
- You will not be able to take screenshots, change or copy texts.
- You will be able to install the file on 2 devices. Your IP address on your device will be linked to the file(s). This means that you may choose up to 2 devices of your choosing to view the files.
- The files(s) are viewable on:
- Windows, and
- Mac devices.
Geared towards advanced upper elementary and middle school students, this book contains 10 famous speeches:
- Mary McLeod Bethune (What does American Democracy Mean to Me?)
- Fannie Lou Hamer (Democratic National Convention)
- Thurgood Marshall (The Equality Speech)
- Adam Clayton Powell Jr. (Speech on Civil Rights)
- Mary Church Terrell (What It Means to Be Colored)
- Booker T. Washington (Democracy and Education)
- Sojourner Truth (Ain't I a Woman?)
- Malcolm X (The Ballot or the Bullet)
- Ida B. Wells (NAACP Speech Against Lynching)
- Frederick Douglas (Appeal to Congress for Impartial Suffrage)
Each speech is presented and is accompanied by questions that help students analyze the content as well as the message. This is an excellent material when used in a group setting providing ample opportunity for group discussion.
Note: Due to copyright laws each speech has been obtained from the original transcriptions. No edits have been performed and no efforts have been made to change any grammatical or orthographic elements.