Designed specifically for children in levels 6-9 (grades 1-3), to be used in the Montessori classroom. Use this material as an introduction to major thematic units and follow up with our easy-to-use experiment cards.
Experiments are presented in an easy-to-use format for individual experimentation using everyday household items. A list of items necessary along with where to find them is provided.
Aside from the teacher presented nomenclature for all the major chemical terms needed to be mastered, the following major concepts are included at this level:
- States of matter (Includes 12 experiment projects with STEM applications)
- Physical Changes (Includes 4 experiment projects with STEM applications)
- Chemical Changes (Includes 4 experiment projects with STEM applications)
- Acids and bases (Includes 4 experiment projects with STEM applications)
- List of major Chemists for conducting research
- Safety procedures sheet
Printed in full color. Includes teacher's notes and resources.
Meets NSTA standards for lower elementary school and STEM requirements.
Card sizes are as follows:
|Whole Card||3¾ x 5 in.||9.5 x 12.7 cm.|
|Part Card||3¾ x 4 in.||9.5 x 10.2 cm.|
|Label Card||3¾ x 1 in||9.5 x 2.5 cm.|
|Research Cards||8.5 x 5.5 in.||21.6 x 14 cm.|
Look at our Science Flow Chart for Lower Elementary to see how this work fits in with the traditional Montessori curriculum.
The following blog article is highly recommended in understanding how to implement the Chemistry curriculum. Implementing the ETC Montessori Chemistry curriculum in your classroom.
View the Standards met by this material.
1 Set of Plastic Sleeve Holders