Printed on thick plastic and cut. This material is ready to put on the shelf.
"One of the most complete and up-to-date curriculums in chemistry, designed specifically for the Montessori classroom." - LM
Going beyond simple nomenclature, and matching, this set of materials makes excellent use of STEM concepts bringing together a variety of resources, and subjects to promote not only research but makerspace.
More advanced chemical terms are again introduced through color nomenclature. Present the concepts and follow up with the experiments. At this level experimentation may be done in small groups. Extend the concepts with thought provoking questions supplied in the experiments, as well as the research cards.
Major concepts included at this level:
- Introduction to conducting research and observations (Includes 3 Research/experiment projects)
- States of matter (Includes 17 Research/experiment projects
- Physical Changes and Chemical Changes (Includes 10 Research/experiment projects)
- Acids and bases (Includes 11 Research/experiment projects)
- Lab equipment and their uses (Includes full teacher presented nomenclature with use of equipment)
- Conducting scientific literature research (Includes 7 research projects aimed at helping students learn how to do scientific literature analysis and exploration)
- Measurement of mass
- Measurement of volume
- Safety procedures
Advancing your students’ understanding of chemistry, this set also includes teacher presented nomenclature for:
- parts of an atom
- Element knowledge
- Element stories with who am I cards
- Chemical groups of elements in the sets of:
- alkali metals
- alkaline earth metals
- transition metals
- noble gases
- Major elements of the atmosphere
- Major elements of the earth's crust
- Scientific instruments
Printed in full color. Includes teacher's notes and resources.
Card sizes are as follows:
|Whole Card||3¾ x 5 in.||9.5 x 12.7 cm.|
|Part Card||3¾ x 4 in.||9.5 x 10.2 cm.|
|Label Card||3¾ x 1 in||9.5 x 2.5 cm.|
|Wall Chart||8.5 x 11 in.||21.6 x 28 cm.|
|Research Cards||8.5 x 5.5 in.||21.6 x 14 cm.|
Look at our Science Flow Chart for Upper Elementary to see how this work fits in with the traditional Montessori curriculum.
The following blog article is highly recommended in understanding how to implement the Chemistry curriculum. Implementing the ETC Montessori Chemistry curriculum in your classroom.
View the Standards met by this material.
3 Acrylic Sorters, 4 Large Clear Snap Envelopes, 1 set of Plastic Sleeve Holders
6 ETC half page card holder with rack, and 1 set of Plastic sleeve holder, or 4 ETC 3 Part card holder