Continuing the study of weather and climate that started in lower elementary (Weather and Climate Level 6-9, ELC-5028), this curriculum brings an integrated approach to the study of climate change, global warming, greenhouse effect, and more. Diverse subject matter and actual data from NASA, and NOAA, are used for students to use their analytical skills.
Designed to meet NGSS, Core and STEM standards. while bringing cosmic education to the forefront, by helping children understand that what we do affects our surroundings both directly and indirectly.
- Carbon footprint forms (analysis skills)
- Experiments (multi learning skills)
- Parts of a Glacier nomenclature - teacher presented nomenclature (fact-based knowledge)
- Changes in land usage cards (synthesis skills)
- Energy production cards (analysis skills)
- Environmental web cards (synthesis skills)
- Greenhouse effect gases nomenclature (3-part cards) (fact-based knowledge)
- Types of energy sorting cards (analysis skills)
- Cultural changes over the years (facts-based knowledge)
- Energy production task cards (analysis skills)
- Population explosion task cards (analysis skills)
- Going green task cards (analysis skills)
- Reduce, reuse, recycle task cards (analysis skills)
- Water conservation task cards (analysis skills)
- Changes in land usage task cards (analysis skills)
- Greenhouse effect control chart
- Greenhouse effect mute chart
- Greenhouse effect movable objects and labels
- Teacher's Guide
Beautifully illustrated, the approach links weather, climate, functional geography (impressionistic charts), ecology, and history into a well-organized unit.
Each concept integrates STEM projects that emphasize and contextualize essential science and engineering practices.