THIS IS A DIGITAL FILE PURCHASE. Please read the section "About Digital Files:" carefully. Digital files are non-refundable.
About Digital Files:
- You will need a viewer to view the file. A link containing download instructions for your viewer, based on the platform you have, will be emailed to you within 12-24 hours after you have completed your purchase.
- You will need a license to access the file. A link containing your license will be emailed to you within 12-24 hours after you have completed your purchase. Please activate your license after you have installed your viewer. Please note that you should be expecting your license email from ETC Montessori Digital Licensing.
- Each file is Digital Rights Managed (DRM) for copyright protection.
- You will not be able to print the files.
- You will not be able to take screenshots, change or copy texts.
- Your ability to share your screen will be limited.
- You will be able to install the file on 2 devices. Your IP address on your device will be linked to the file(s). This means that you may choose up to 2 devices of your choosing to view the files.
- The files(s) are viewable on:
More and more students are moving into the upper elementary classroom without having achieved abstraction in multiplication and as a result, are not introduced to the whole number division sequence. Furthermore, we found that students continue to be weak in their multiplication facts, particularly those facts pertaining to 6s, 7s, 8s, and 9s. This lack of achievement in abstraction and consequential weakness in understanding, results in the inability of children to participate in more advanced multiplication presentations.
Our findings are particularly problematic since the mathematical sequence for both the advanced fractions and decimals assumes mastery of all whole number operations. Having taken all of these facts into consideration, we designed the Transition Math Task Cards for Level 9-12. With the understanding that teachers must bridge these gaps, while meeting math standards, we believe that this program is a viable sequence to help children move forward. The task cards provide ample opportunities for fact acquisition, and pertinent mathematical comprehension of what happens when multiplying by factors of ten. Children are also introduced to single and double digit division, allowing them to understand the relationship that exists between the two operations.
34 cards, measuring 8.5" x 5.5. The front side introduces the concept, while the back side of each card has appropriate word problems for implementation