THIS IS A DIGITAL FILE PURCHASE. Please read the section "About Digital Files:" carefully. Digital files are non-refundable.
About Digital Files:
- You will need a viewer to view the file. A link containing download instructions for your viewer, based on the platform you have, will be emailed to you within 12-24 hours after you have completed your purchase.
- You will need a license to access the file. A link containing your license will be emailed to you within 12-24 hours after you have completed your purchase. Please activate your license after you have installed your viewer. Please note that you should be expecting your license email from ETC Montessori Digital Licensing.
- Each file is Digital Rights Managed (DRM) for copyright protection.
- You will not be able to print the files.
- You will not be able to take screenshots, change or copy texts.
- Your ability to share your screen will be limited.
- You will be able to install the file on 2 devices. Your IP address on your device will be linked to the file(s). This means that you may choose up to 2 devices of your choosing to view the files.
- The files(s) are viewable on:
One of the most complete and up-to-date curriculum in chemistry, designed specifically for the Montessori classroom. Going beyond simple nomenclature, and matching, this set of materials makes excellent use of STEM concepts bringing together a variety of resources, and subject to promote not only research but makerspace.
More advanced chemical terms are again introduced through color nomenclature. Present the concepts and follow up with the experiments. Extend the concepts with thought provoking questions supplied in the experiments, as well as the research cards.
Major concepts included at this level:
- Introduction to conducting research and observations (Includes 3 Research/experiment projects)
- States of matter (Includes 17 Research/experiment projects
- Physical Changes and Chemical Changes (Includes 10 Research/experiment projects)
- Acids and bases (Includes 11 Research/experiment projects)
- Lab equipment and their uses (Includes full teacher presented nomenclature with use of equipment)
- Conducting scientific literature research (Includes 7 research projects aimed at helping students learn how to do scientific literature analysis and exploration)
Advancing your students’ understanding of chemistry, this set also includes teacher presented nomenclature for:
- parts of an atom
- Element knowledge
- Element stories with who am I cards
- Chemical groups of elements in the sets of:
- alkali metals
- alkaline earth metals
- transition metals
- noble gases
- Major elements of the atmosphere
- Major elements of the earth's crust
- Scientific instruments
Meets NSTA standards for upper elementary school.
Take a look at our Science Flow Chart for Upper Elementary to see how this work fits in with the traditional Montessori curriculum